Ok…where did my baby go?I know he’s still a baby but this is crazy. How in the world do we have a 9 month old?! I can’t believe it’s time to start thinking about and planning a 1 year birthday party! But before we get to that– let’s give a 9 month update:
(You can tell I was a first time mom when I started your monthly pictures for 2 reasons. 1. The blanket I was laying you on is tiny. I didn’t think about the fact that you would eventually be taller than the blanket. 2. I also didn’t think about the fact that you would eventually only stay still for .2 seconds. We’ve given up on laying you down on your back for these pictures. So here you are sitting up)
You’re 9 months old baby boy! You’re so much fun right now and we just love this age. We are really loving your cute little personality. I think you’re going to be a funny kiddo. You’re very busy but also very chill. Sometimes you’ll just sit in our arms and suck your thumb for an abnormally long time for a babyWe’re grateful you seem to have inherited your parents’ calm attitude. Some things about you this month:
- You are all over the place. You’re currently crawling all over my office
- You’re starting to pull up on things and you get this really proud look on your face. You stand up in your crib all the time.
- The other day your dad and I were working in the office and you were crawling around playing. The next thing we knew you had pulled up holding onto our shelf and you were standing up so proud. You sat down before we could take a picture.
- You’re changing so quickly right before our very eyes. Could you maybe slow down?
- We just had your 9 month visit with the Pediatrician. You didn’t gain much weight at all…about a whopping 4 oz. since the last time we saw her but she didn’t seem concerened. You grew a lot in length though. I think you’re going to be tall and skinny just like your daddy.
- We’re still breastfeeding- we passed mommy’s goal of 6 months so thats great! You’ll pretty much eat anything and you love trying what we’re eating. I think you’re starting to be more interested in finger foods. The other day you wanted nothing to do with pureed baby food. It’s so fun giving you new things to try.
- You’re wearing 9 months but you’re kind of in between sizes. You’ll be in 12-18 month in no time.
- We’re still cloth diapering while we’re at home and using ‘to-go’ diapers when we’re out and about. Thats what we call regular diapersYou like to explode in those though.
- You have two bottom teeth coming in! They are so cuteAnd I think your top two will be here soon.
- You LOVE your thumb. You suck your thumb all the time. We love it. I know one day we’ll have to fight you to stop but for now it’s adorable and you’re able to self soothe so we thank you for that.
We are so in love with you and can’t imagine life without you. You make our days so much fun.